CBD, cannabidiol, is a derivative of the plant named Cannabis sativa which is more commonly referred to as marijuana. CBD can also be derived from the hemp plant to get it in higher quantities and THC free. The CBD oil extracted from hemp oil is non-psychoactive in nature and it is used by people to treat a variety of health conditions like stress, pain, anxiety, and much more. Furthermore, this cannabinoid is also being used for various skincare ailments such as acne, pimples, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
Why is CBD oil considered useful?
CBD has become a very popular product recently. It is known to cure anxiety and depression. It is also used as an anti-inflammatory drug and can be used to give relief from pain. Today, CBD oil is being used in different skincare products to treat various types of skin problems such as acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, etc. It has been proven that CBD contains various antioxidants which can be used to treat wrinkles, dryness, and dullness in skin. .
What are the various benefits of adding CBD oil to our skincare routine?
- CBD oil can be used to treat acne. It is a very common problem, mostly those who are in their adolescent years. Over 10% of people from all across the world are known to suffer from acne. Acne can be quite distressing and painful at times. As we already know, CBD oil has a property to reduce inflammation. So, it can be used effectively on the skin to reduce acne. You will see that within days of its application, the inflammation of the acne reduces and also its redness is reduced. CBD oil also has the property to suppress the oil-secreting glands of our skin; acne mainly occurs due to excess oil secretion. As a result, the occurrence of acne is also reduced.
- CBD can be used by people with sensitive skin. Their skin is highly sensitive and will turn red if exposed to any irritants. CBD oil has skin soothing properties which gives relief to the skin, makes it healthier, and less susceptible to changes in the weather or atmosphere.
- CBD oil is said to reduce dark spots and wrinkles. It gives a proper glow to the skin and makes our skin look healthy. It is being used in various anti-ageing creams to make the skin look tight and supple.
- It can give instant relief from several skin diseases. We know that CBD has an analgesic property which can give relief from pain. So, we can use CBD in various skin care products to reduce pain. Sometimes our face has pimples and acne which can cause a lot of pain. By applying CBD oil on the affected area can give us immediate relief from the pain as well as from the redness.
- CBD oil can be used for oily skin to reduce oil secretion. Most of the skin related issues are caused due to excess oil secretion. CBD oil can suppress the secretion of oil from glands and thus reduce the occurrence of pimples and acne.
- CBD oil can be used to lighten scars. Many a time, we may suffer from an injury which leaves a permanent scar. It is very difficult to get rid of that scar. However, CBD oil has proved has been proven to help reduce scarring. Application of CBD oil on the wounded area on a regular basis helps the scar gradually fade.
- CBD oil can act against dermatitis. Dermatitis is a disease which mainly occurs in children below 6 years of age. In this disease, our skin gets covered with red rashes and constantly itches. This disease mainly occurs during the winter months and can cause a lot of skin irritation in children. Applying CBD oil in the affected areas can give immediate relief from the itching and it can also gradually heals the rashes without any side effects.
- CBD oil can also help us get rid of skin psoriasis. Skin psoriasis is a disease in which the cells rapidly divide themselves in the affected region leading to excessive cell growth. CBD oil reduces the rate of growth of such cells and helps us to get relief from the disease. It is used in various medicines used to treat skin psoriasis which is a very serious skin problem.
- The antibacterial property of CBD is also used to cure various skin related problems. There are several bacterial rashes and infections which can affect our skin in different ways. In such cases, we can apply CBD oil to help us treat our ailment.
Is the use of CBD oil legal?
We are still not very certain about it. However, CBD oil is being used in more and more beauty products with time and it has been scientifically proven that CBD oil is highly effective in helping us treat skin disorders.
Does CBD oil have any side effects?
CBD oil does not seem to have any kind of severe side effects. However, on the continuous application, it may lead to some side effects like nausea, constipation and stomach problems. So, we should make sure that we limit the use of CBD oil and we should also consult a doctor before consuming CBD oil or before applying it on our skin. Also, we should make sure that CBD oil does not cause any kind of allergy to our skin. In case of any allergies, stop applying it immediately.